Sunday, June 10, 2012

Fabulous Solutions in Storage


I have often found myself searching for great storage solutions that are both attractive and economical.  After living in a small NYC apartment for 10 years, I’m always trying to find pieces that are great for storage and organization, multifunctional and a great design.  A tall order for a piece of furniture…or is it?! With my list of must haves, I’ve had to scour the earth to find just the right pieces, so I thought I’d share some of my favorites, in case it might be just what you’re looking for!

Image from Apartment Therapy
I love the Soapbox!  It’s a great looking piece of furniture, which can be a coffee table or bench with storage below, or it can wall mounted. Depending on the leg height it can also be a side table, or a night stand.  It’s ready to assemble without tools (for those of us that don’t have the handyman to help out!) and it’s made of plywood and hardwood veneers.  And all made here in the USA!!!

Image from BlessThisStuff
Bike/Book Storage by Postfossil.  Where was this when I was in college and I had my bike leaning up against my desk and books everywhere?!  Well, if I can help just one person with their bike storage problem, I’d feel like it was well worth it to find this in my storage search! Not only is this a great organization and storage solution for those of us who don’t have outdoor storage for our bikes, but the design is beautiful. It comes in clear pine, so for those that want to add a little color, get some paint and jazz it up!

Image from  Apartment Therapy
Don’t underestimate the power of modular!  Our friends at IKEA have given us amazing pieces that can be used in any number of ways.  Take for instance their Expedit Shelving unit.  It can be used vertically or horizontally, as a bookcase or as a bench. Genius, no?!

So here they are, a few of my top storage, organization, multifunctional, affordable, great designed pieces.  I hope these can help spark your imagination as you search for that perfect piece. As usual, your feedback is always welcome and please feel free to add to this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment